Sunday, March 28, 2010

{Food} Savory Breakfast













Carrot-Tahini Spread with Avocado and Toast


2 pieces of toast
2 grated carrots
6 tablespoons tahini
splash of wheat-free tamari sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 of a ripe and ready avocado, sliced

Blend carrots, tahini, and lemon juice. If more runny than peanut butter, taste and add more carrots and/or tahini (depending on the flavor you like). If very thick and dry, add more lemon juice. Add a splash of wheat-free tamari. Taste. Test consistency (peanut-butter like).

Squeeze a little of the remaining lemon juice over the sliced avocado.

Serve carrot-tahini spread with avocado and toast. I like to pile it on my toast as I eat, but maybe you want to pre-stack the goods. It is up to you!

Enjoy!

I try to stay clear of prepared/processed foods, but for gluten-free bread I usually buy Food For Life Millet Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment