Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We are so lucky

That is all I can think. As I jump onto a non-hard as a brick bed: I am so lucky. As I accidentally open my mouth in the shower, drink water from the tap, drink from a cup of water in the dark without fear of ants, stare into the abundance and variety of foods in the fridge... I am so lucky.

There are a lot of people in New York, but I don't see them like I feel I did sometimes in India. It is probably the weather. Too hot in India and everyone disappears. Too cold in New York and the same thing happens.

This is one of my favorite times of year in New York. It has a smell that has a feeling. Bouquets of pencils. Scarves. Holidays. Pumpkins and changing leaves. I love it.

I am in shock over how quickly I went from 100% everything India to 100% being here. Like being thrown from one bucket of water into another. In the plane I thought about Louis CK. "I'm flying in the sky like a bird...I'm sitting in a chair in the sky." And how this sort of trip used to take years. Even a few years ago it took more than one stop. More than a couple of days...



So lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment