Saturday, October 12, 2013

Happy Vijaydashami

When you get an Indian sim card you also get text message adverts and sometimes when you make calls they will play an advert first and sometimes they will call you and just play commercials.  Usually I get "free STD offers" which has something to do with telephone services, but still.  Today I received a text message encouraging me to wish all of my family and friends "a very happy Vijaydashami and spread the message of victory of Good over Evil."  You see, it is a big holiday time right now and all the kids are home from school and the shops are stocked with festival items such as flowers and banana leaves.  Tomorrow is the puja for the vehicles and so we'll buy strings of flowers and turmeric to decorate our scooters.

Tomorrow is also the first day of led intermediate which I'll be doing on one foot for the most part so as not to reopen the cut on my toe which is pretty hard not to do in every day life but I'm managing.  In the afternoon we are possibly having "conference" which is a lecture with our teacher.  It all depends on the celebrations tomorrow. If we have conference, then we also have Sanskrit class.  And if it rains tomorrow then it means it will be a good year in Mysore.  Everyone is hoping it will rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment