Friday, August 27, 2010

Skirts, and Shoulders, and Knees -- Oh, My!


If the subcontinent wasn't already on the horizon, it certainly is now. After a brief and somewhat violent preview of the New York climate to come, things are back to normal (high 80s, that is) and I am suddenly reminded that I get one last chance to do what I feared I would not be able (on account of the recent scarfage) -- wear summer clothes in summer.

Explaining to my travel companion what one should pack for such a journey, we thumb through the busy clothing racks in Herald Square:

"How about this one?" I place the vibrant water blue garment with technicolor flowers in front of my torso.
"It looks like a muumuu."
"Perfect!"

For a few days more, the muumuu is just a muumuu, not my muumuu, as it very soon will be.

-Friday, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment