Friday, August 20, 2010

Work it, honey!

A quick note.

As a teacher, oh man, they forget to tell you that you are a walking target for people hurling samskaras. Most of the time, it comes with some warning and I'm already in a place of love and compassion. And then sometimes, of course, I am absolutely not prepared and maybe in a place of love and compassion but somewhere accidentally leave a door open or something where a large draft riddled with those hurled emotions glides right in. The feeling? Like vomit in my throat. Very hot, agitated, and yeah, vomit in my throat.

God bless primary Fridays. At first it is a whole lot of mentally revisiting the puke and then the body feels it and the breath, bandha, dristhi, asana smooth it out. And then I find myself thinking about how I'm not thinking about it. And then I'm thinking about it again. And it keeps going like this until by the end, it was like the vomit was yesterday.

So, yeah, there is that.

-New York, Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment