Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A first-timer's meditations on mysore, practice, and all things India

The great thing about reading blogs is that it is like reading a story that is taking place in "real time". Well, probably because it is. I wonder if anyone out there is writing completely fictional blogs. I find this fascinating. So did I, or did I not study for three months in Mysore? You'll have to decide for yourself.
This blog chronicles my trip to Mysore, India from July-October 2007.
Unfortunately, the blog format is not very user-friendly for those wishing to start from the beginning. To read the blog from the beginning, scroll down this page and look for the "archive" located on the right. Click on "July". You'll have to read the entries from the bottom up. Does anyone know how to reverse this?
Thanks for reading my blog. If you have any questions or feedback, please email me at livingmysore@gmail.com, or leave a comment on my current project, http://www.ashtangainspired.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

  1. I dont know mysore could be so interesting?

    I have lived in mysore for 25years.
    (73-2000). I didnt hear about yoga seriously during that period.

    mysore was a slow place just like a village somekind of a timewrap. After 2000 things began to change for the worse. Probably thats when westerners started discovering mysore.

    You write well. enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete