Friday, December 7, 2007

"Antennas to heaven"

When it finally does snow, it stops being cold, it becomes beautiful.


The snow keeps its own pace. I sometimes remember to look up, and when I do, I'm surprised at how the sky really is falling right down on me at a rapid speed.


Recently viewed: The Beach. Please don't watch it. Once again, the book was SO much better.


Also: Water. Soft, subtle, colorful, horrific, beautiful, life changing, and all things India.


Current Read: Sigmund Freud's Civilization and its Discontents. I particularly enjoy his comments on the westerner's pursuit of eastern practices such as yoga. Also interesting, he says there are 3 sources of suffering. 1. our bodies are decaying and we will die. 2. the world is relentless and cruel. 3. people.
I find that like anything else I read on life and philosophy, turning on the lights is a great way to figure out that the monster in the corner is actually a pile of clothes.


Listening to: "Antennas to Heaven" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven [part2]) and then "Moonrise" by Sean Hayes (Alabama Chicken)

1 comment:

  1. Hey finally on your new blog...great yoga gift ideas:)
    India is calling me back like a magnet!
    Elissa

    ReplyDelete