Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grrrape Juice


It isn't easy to make a fantastic grape juice and when it's right, it is really right. I remember the grape juices at Veg Park as bigger, but the tall glass they served was enough. The blue straw floats in a purple mush with lighter foamy areas that quickly separate and float to the top with the translucent purple (I hope it isn't tap) water/juice at the bottom. Stirred or not, each sip is a sweet and fruity delight. I tell myself it isn't loaded with sugar, but I know it is and just enjoy. It is easy to gulp it down in three long draws, but I hold myself back between handfuls of Veg Park's delightful South India Thali (a large metal plate with lots of different foods, savory and sweet, to mix and match as you see fit). When I find myself slurping at the foamy bits at the bottom, I don't hesitate to order another.

I found this picture on the internet and yes, this is what the juice looks like when they first serve it and the glass is bigger!

-Monday, India

No comments:

Post a Comment