Saturday, September 4, 2010

Home Sick

Waiting for our scooters it hit me--this isn't jet lag, I'm really feeling sick. I woke up with a little cough that continued with eye itching through our self practice sesh (we hadn't practiced since Wednesday, there is a moon day next week, and we were all just in the mood). I did have a little tiny fever and felt much better seated or reclined. Part of me thinks it is just a reaction to the travel and freaking out at my core without knowing it about being in this new environment. I'm sure missing Jesus amplifies this immensely. The cornerstone of my life, my mind has not computed what my body knows at the deepest level: 2 months is a long time and it hurts. My femurs are covered with paper mache ruffles that are expanding and contracting with the fluctuations of humidity in the air.

Since our arrival, we've eaten 2 sets of dosas. One was stand-up place and fluffy and delicious. The second I made at home for breakfast with a ready-made mix bought from the local store. I found a "rustic" black pan that seemed perfect, although probably it was meant for chapatis. I flicked water and it jumped and popped. I ladled ghee onto the surface, immediately igniting and I just stared at it. "Hey guys, have you ever seen ghee on fire?" We all looked for what seemed like a long time and the "Saviour" blew it out without hesitation and that was that. I poured on the mix, let it brown and then flipped. We all agreed they beat the stand-up place but none of us new why.

We registered for classes yesterday. Tomorrow 4:30am led primary class.

-India, Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment