Friday, November 16, 2007

Back on the mat

I admit, this week was hard on my asana practice. I taught too much, the balance was off, and today was the only day I could get a "full" practice in. I've got to learn to say "no" in a very serious way. I guess I haven't seen quite enough Oprah yet.
I feel so much better today. As hard as it was to roll out that mat and get started, I feel amazing.
Someone said that someone said that they thought they experienced the spiritual through their body. Funny that we need to be reminded. Funny how I never feel more alive than when I see my own blood or feel physical pain. If I experience life through my body, what is happiness? Is it body first and then mind or the other way around or does it vary? What happens when my body is exposed to cold? To heat? I read recently that the body takes 20 minutes to get out of the "flight or fight" instinct. Tonight I'm teaching a restorative yoga class. Subbing the class. I wonder what is really happening.
RECENTLY LISTENED TO: Matt McCluer & Kathryn Jensen / She's a Revolution
RECENTLY VIEWED: 24 Hour Party People
RECENTLY GRIPED: See how much your bank really charges for foreign transactions. Each India atm withdrawal cost me about $10 plus $5 from my bank. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really loving your blog (and your other as well, though that's wrapped up). I hope you continue to write well into the next year, and after. After my practice (solo, it's like Mysore, without the people and with one cat :), I indulge in yoga blogs. Thanks for sharing!

    namaste!

    ReplyDelete