Monday, November 17, 2008

Jump back

I am staring into nothingness, counting my breaths. In the dark of the changing room, I realize how much I will long to be here when I am not. I feel saturated with gratefulness for the opportunity to be lying on my mat listening to other girls around me sobbing on their backs in the dark. I think about how I am understanding this practice more and more. How it works without you really even knowing it: you just have to show up. You just have to try. I am smiling on the inside and even as my competitive edge rises up, I turn it around, wishing the girl next to me will get that post-uthplutih padmasana jump back that she is working on. I think about sending positive energy and dedication to people and I finish reclined on my mat covered with my rug and mosquitoes absolutely blissed out by my ridiculous new age moment.

It is true. I have booked my ticket back to-- you'll never guess--New York. I am fantasizing about heels, winter coats, sweaters, scarves, movies, pizza, and Central Park. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

But actually, I am thrilled to be going back to New York. I feel totally refreshed and centered and on the path and whatever else you want to call it. I feel sorted. No job yet, but I am optimistic. What am I looking for?

1. Well-paid job with benefits, room for growth, progressive work culture
2. Any combination of the above
3. Whatever I can get my hands on as long as there is a work/life balance

I don't have a specific position in mind, I am open to trying something new and kind of hope it turns out that way.

In the meantime, I have made my Mysore countdown calendar (I have less than a month left) and it is already getting packed. I soaking up every bit of work, refection, and relaxation time that I can get. I am laughing at downloaded ANTM episodes from Youtube. I am loving the South Indian thali that I never liked before. I am learning to let go to the dumb stuff and hang on to the truth. I am working slowly and steadily on karandavasana which is really a metaphor for me.

Look at what I found

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss these India posts but reading about you finding your next life in NY is going to be great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone is gravitating to new york. maybe i'll see you there... good luck with the job hunt. it will all come together. xo. have a great last month in mysore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its true that this place is a big magnet. But relax, I'm told it takes about 20 years to become a New Yorker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. people are saying that new york might be a good place for artists again. the wall street people are going to have to leave soon. you might be jumping back at the right time. and since you drink coffee now you can join us at cafe grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JS- Thanks!

    A- Thanks!

    N- Good to know:)

    D- Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete