Monday, February 18, 2008

2 Kinds of Savasana

I should probably look this up, but I remember learning that in ashtanga that bit on your back at the end is "resting", not "savasana".

So I was "resting" last week at the Shala when I realized the difference in my practice. Last week I got eka pada sirsasana and dwi pada sirsasana and my first taste of practicing second series only: the split. But it was on Friday that I noticed the real difference in how I felt.

I had practiced primary feeling at once relieved and comforted as well as completely exhasuted and sore. Once I reclined for resting I was amazed at how unbelieveably soothing it was. The whole week I had to practically force myself to relax, despite how much I ached to just lie down. The difference is in the savasana.

No comments:

Post a Comment