Saturday, September 1, 2007

Labor Day: Practicing while pregnant

A question:
Is there anyone out there who has information about practicing second series while pregnant? If you practiced here at the Shala or with an authorised/certified teacher, please send me your info. I have a friend who needs some support and has a few questions...


The blog:
Super-expensive dark chocolate, crackers, cookies, Rachel's "homemade peanut butter" disaster, domino's "mexican way" pizza.
Last night I ate myself into a food coma. It can be very easy sometimes to get caught up in things that don't really exist. We create problems because deep down, parts of us really enjoy some of the emotions that pain brings. I miss ___ terribly.
I've been thinking a lot about life and mine in particular and I don't want to discuss any of that here, but that probably explains why this post and some others have been sparse. Long-distance relationship depression is pretty common here. I saw three instances of teary eyes this morning alone.
Being here, daily life revolves around practice. Saturday we are resting our bodies for the week to come. Tomorrow, 5 am led class, 6:15 led second class. I "slept in", and have no real intentions to leave my house. But if the sun is aligned in the right way, I might go to the veggie stand to get more eggplant. I'm thinking of making tina's stuffed eggplants today. (I put the recipe on a past blog). I made a test batch 2 days ago. Some were good, some bad. Hopefully today it will just be good.
My arms are sore. I think I might be growing some muscles--imagine!
All I want to do is hang out around the house and watch movies. Why doesn't the video store deliver?
Discovery: Domino's now has a Gobi Manchurian pizza. I would never be this insane in New York.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fellow practicioners at AYL is four months pregnant and doing second and part of third. She modifies the twists (for example she doesn't bind pasasana) and doesn't do Dhanurasana but does Parsva Dhanurasana. Backbends, she does all of them. Leg behind the head, she does too. I think the important thing is that she has a very experienced teacher (Hamish) that is following her progress very carefully and whose wife is an expert in yoga and pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i practiced up until three days before i delivered. you can refer to my blog "one by one" or ask me some direct questions. always happy to share my insights. :)

    ReplyDelete