Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Moonday

Sometimes after the philosophy class, I have hard time sitting down to write.  I feel like someone is shining a bright light in my eyes and all I can do is alternately look back and shy away.

But the last few days it is all those small everyday things that I've been noticing.  I'm definitely a bit nostalgic already and I still have almost two months before departure.  

Small things, like how the practice works itself out.  How, without thinking, and just trusting, somehow, it all works out in the end.  Watching students struggle like babies learning to swim in uthplutih and remembering how not long ago that was me.  Feeling at peace with the world and myself and then receiving a pile of checks from the government and student loans.  (Money won't make me forger, Bush.)  How sweet it is to have no obligations and to just wake up voluntarily on the moonday and feeling the same way when I have to wake up to go to practice.

There is a pile of stuff to give away/sell growing behind the couch.  Everyday, I throw a little bit more back there.  It is this stuff that weighs me down; it is throwing this stuff behind the couch that makes me feel closer to flight.

Currently reading:  A Model Summer.  I really am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment