Friday, August 29, 2008

Yoga made me do it

I yelled and I apologized. I had the worst day and the best. I saw Grace bleed through a moment of connection with the universe in a Mysore hospital as a nervous doctor trembled with a needle making a hole too small for his eyes to see and his hands to handle. We came away laughing and smiling.

--Again the old me knew the new me needed to hope and plan and couldn't handle waiting one day more and I'm so glad I got the days wrong because now I get a happy heart and no goodbyes. --

We reclined side by side on cushions in the dark talking about feeling real human connection and the shadow of the trees outside danced on the wall to the music playing on the battery power. All we hear between our words is the pouring rain. I know it is a distraction. I know I'm running away from myself, but it is amazing and absolutely intoxicating and I'm going to fall into someone else anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elise... we're still out there, don't worry.
    Your posts have been fun to read. Glad you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this one, too, shrouded in mystery though it is... ;)

    Hope you're having a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga made me do it too.
    ...Or maybe it was you...?

    love you love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elise, what are you smoking?

    ReplyDelete