Friday, August 10, 2007

the pants story

When the 5:15am class ends, the students that have been waiting outside on the steps listen and wait, shoes off, ready to claim their spots the 5:15 students watch them, covered in swet. They are slow to move from their spots, but what they might not know is that some of us know that they all do the same thing for their class--arriving at 4:30am. A lot of the people I know are in the early class. Either they have been here for some time, or they got moved in the time they have been here. Sitting on the stage, soaked from head to toe sits Thiago with a grin on his face. He´s the one that does press handstands and jump backs like a gazelle. Today he is in a particularly high spirits because of the "pants story" I was to hear over tea at Tina´s during breakfast. He had said something about "Guruji is wearing my pants," but I thought there was some sort of language barrier/lost in translation thing going on. But apparently, Guruji was in fact, wearing his shorts.
Lost in a state of post yoga bliss, Thiago misplaced his favorite yoga shorts. Convinced that someone had broken into his house and taken only his very special shorts, he had given up the search and all hopes of ever finding his beloved shorts again. This morning as he bowed his head to his pressed hands for opening prayer, his "full power drishti" wavered and he got a glimpse of Guruji standing in front of him wearing none other than his long lost shorts! Now, Thiago could not be described as someone who looks like he has a large appetite, and so I for one wondered how on earth Guruji managed to squeeze into the said shorts. Thiago reassured us when telling the "pants story" that they had elastic and so could therefore fit comfortably on every one. Very special.
I miss my ipod. I miss my music. I´m listening to "One dead cop" by leftover crack on you tube. I like listening to this song before I go to practice. ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment