Saturday, August 4, 2007

Growing pains

Led class again started with Guruji and ended with Sharath. There has been many cameras and media people here the last few days. I was in the front row and felt like the cameras were on me quite a bit. During Utthita hasta (pictured), I allowed myself to get distracted and dropped my leg twice. However, the rest of the practice was one of my best ones since I've been here. After the crazy yoga "jam" on Friday night, I was pretty hyped on bandhas, jump throughs, and transitions. This translated to an intense practice. Sometimes it is good to be reminded of these things. Its like taking a really good long look in the mirror and noticing something new on your face. Swet was poring off my body and dripping down my face. At one point I inhaled some swet. Awesome. For me, yoga is sometimes like an extreme sport. How much higher can you lift up? How long can you fly? It can be so exhilerating.

Being here is a lot like growing up all over again. Its very strange. The practice releases many things and on some days the energy around this place is suffocating. Sometimes it feels like a huge science project and mysore is a petri dish. Some days it feels like this place might explode. Or maybe just me.

practice practice all is coming

3 comments:

  1. ha ha! the bacteria home, not the fit finnish we know and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysore is whatever we want to make of it!. Kiss

    ReplyDelete