Saturday, August 4, 2007

The worst horse and other horse stories

One other characteristic of the worst horse is that sometimes the worst horse thinks its the best horse.

If there is one thing you learn in India it is patience. There is a saying that goes: "In India, everything is possible, but don't expect anything".

The people here do this thing that is fondly refered to as the "head wobble". This is kind of like shaking your head "maybe", but mostly like one of those little chihuahua figurines you put in your car with a stationary body and the head that wobbles. It means yes, maybe, it could be possible, I'll try if I get to it, I like you and hope everything works out for you, I have no idea what you are saying but you seem friendly, I think you want me to say yes, the answer is no or probably not, but I wish I could help you but so you won't get upset I won't say no.

I spent the day eating, chilling, laughing. At yogi getogethers, people drink, smoke, challenge eachother to do crazy yoga postures.

I haven't felt so relaxed in a long time.

Sometimes a horse is just a horse and horses are everywhere in this place. Sometimes you're riding on the back of a scooter with 2 other people and moderate speeds and you see 3 horses in the road and you're not sure which one you're going to run into. Sometimes you run into a horse when you didn't expect it and everyone walks away (including the horse) feeling a little more awake.

Saraswati's didn't work out. I'm crashing at Alex's until something comes up.

Tomorrow, led practice at 6:15am.

No comments:

Post a Comment