Sunday, October 19, 2008

Love/Hate--so lucky to be alive

It's funny to watch how the emotions of a person can change from one day to another. Or how things have to go completely wrong and horrible and bad and terrible (or at least to feel like it) for things to feel good again. Not that any of it matters really, but both sides of the coin feel very real when you are in it.

It is interesting to witness how we think we are reacting to things that are real when really sometimes it is just part of the program. How everything has happened before and we aren't as different from each other as one might feel in the highs and lows of every day life. For instance, not long ago I was talking with my friend, "Lisa", who was relatively quickly moved to the split and up to pincha mayurasana. She was going through very strong emotions--crying, laughing, anxious, afraid, childhood memories relived, etc. She felt she had some sort of personal problem ad signed up for past life therapy and deeksha stuff and psychotherapy. And now here I come and I realize that I am crying and getting upset and irrational and flooded with feelings of I don't know what. Coincidence? I think not.

Today after back bending, Sharath told me to take tittibhasana on Wednesday. I am nervous. I don't feel flexible or strong enough to do it properly. Of course that isn't a big deal but I still feel intimidated.


No comments:

Post a Comment