Monday, April 7, 2008

Countdown to India

After three days off, I'm glad to be going back to practice tomorrow, but also amazed at how easy it would be to just forget the whole thing because practice seems so impossible and far away. There really is a 24 hour expiration on yoga.

Spent a lot of time with the family the last couple of weeks and now things have officially sprung into motion. With the official (and somewhat surprising) blessings of both sides of the family tree, the countdown begins. Next up is sending my letter and buying my ticket, giving my leave to work, selling all personal possessions, finding a sublet, and saying goodbye to friends. I'm a bit in shock, a little scared, and very excited...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, selling all personal possessions! It sounds like you'll be in India for a while.

    I'll be looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting- I can't wait to hear all about it through your blog. I've had a good time reading your archives in random order! That trailer clip you posted yesterday is something a friend just sent to me. I loved it- can't wait to see the movie! I've never been to India so it didn't have the same effect on me as it did you, but it did grab my attention and make me want more. I found myself latching on to any little bit where it looked like ashtanga. It's kind of like seeing a movie that was filmed in your city where you connect with the familiar and it feels like home. That's what I love about ashtanga- it's universal and connects us all through one discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have chills for you! Good luck on your travels, and keep us updated :) I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete